Hi everyone. Sorry I haven’t had much time to devote to this blog recently: a journalist’s job is never done, as I’ve been crazy busy with homework, class projects and everything thing else I’ve overcommitted myself to. (But, I sort of love my life that way.)
I thought I’d just sit in ramble for today’s post. Just talk.
What’s been happening since I last posted?
- George Clooney is officially off-the-market and married an amazing high-profile human rights lawyer.
- I’ve become obsessed with “Once Upon a Time” AND “How to Get Away With Murder.” As well as, “Manhattan Love Story,” “A to Z,” “Red Band Society” and of course, Greys and Scandal. Great shows, start watching. (I mean, #TGIT, anyone?)
- The whole Ebola news thing everyone should be aware of is big news.
- Applying to study and intern in NYC this summer and London this fall. (Dream: to intern at a publication like Seventeen. Fingers crossed!)
- I interviewed a major YouTube star (“HelloKaty”) and wrote a profile on that. Read it here.
- One Direction announced the track list for their fourth studio album, “Four.”
- Neil Patrick Harris will host the 2015 Oscars.
- Taylor Swift’s new pop album “1989” will be released any day now. And “Out of the Woods” may be inspired by a Mr. Harry Styles.
- Everyone’s been obsessing over “American Horror Story” which stars my camp alum, Emma Roberts.
- The Kansas City Royals will officially be playing in World Series. (GO CARDINALS!)
One thing I’ve noticed about the world: is such a huge focus on the superficial sides. And while, I love fashion and celeb gossip, I admit that’s not what matters: family, doing what you love, etc– that’s what matters, not what you wear or how popular you are, it’s how you perceive yourself and who you want to be. No one can belittle who you are or tell you who to be except for yourself. Be brave, be strong, be yourself. Because no one else for stick up for yourself other than you.
I just wish more girls, and people in general, would be able to be 100 percent themselves and not worry about how others perceive them. So, if you want to wear a certain outfit or attain for a certain career: go for it. Chase your dreams. Be a superstar. Be amazing. You are amazing. You don’t need anyone else to tell you that. Your opinion is the only one that matters.
Alright, I’m off to watch Greys, Scandal and the Cardinal game, as well as work on some essays. Thanks for reading. xx